- Why should I take the Zend Certification exam?
- Who wrote the exams?
- Where do I take the exam?
- What are the exams like?
- What topics/subjects does the PHP exam cover?
- Do I need to know anything particular (other than PHP) for the PHP certification exam to pass?
- Can I use my PHP Certification voucher for the Zend Framework exam?
- How long do I have to take the exam after I purchase the voucher?
- Can I get a refund or transfer my voucher?
- What other resources are available?
- How will I know if I passed?
- What should I take to the exam?
- When will my details be updated on the Zend Certified Engineer Directory?
- When will I receive my diploma?
- Can I use the term 'Zend Certified Engineer' on my resume/CV or business card?
- On what version of Zend Framework is the Zend Framework Certification exam based?
- Is there a non-disclosure agreement, and terms and conditions associated with the exams?
Becoming a Zend Certified Engineer is a measure of your experience in the world of PHP. The goal of the Zend? Certification program is to allow PHP professionals to attain the "Zend Certified Engineer" designation. This is identical in concept to other well know certification programs such as "Microsoft's Certified Professionals (MCP)" and the "Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP)" programs. The Zend Certification program aims at creating a measure of distinction that employers can use to evaluate prospective employees. Becoming a Zend Certified Engineer will not make you a better programmer, however, it will most likely improve the chances of your resume standing out from among other applicants vying for the same position.? ?
The Zend Certification exams encompasses curriculum specified the?Zend PHP Education Advisory Board and the Zend Framework Education Advisory Board?as essential to demonstrate expert proficiency in PHP or Zend Framework.
Each Board's members are among the most well known and respected in the PHP and Zend Framework Communities. It is important to note that the Board is completely neutral and was not influenced by Zend's business objectives. In fact, the only point Zend insisted upon was that exam excludes references or questions relating to Zend's products. ?
You now have 2 options to take the test.
- You can go to a?Pearson VUE Testing Center, which are available in over 4700 locations around the world.? Contact your local testing center to arrange an exam date/time.? You can register online or by calling your local center.
- In most cases, you also have the option to take the test in your home. OnVUE online proctored?exams allow you to conveniently take an exam in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored by an offsite proctor. Before choosing this option we suggest that you run a system test to be sure you can utilize this option.
Please note: The second option (test at home) is only available in English and cannot be taken in the following locations:?Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Slovenia, Japan, South Korea, China, *Syrian Arab Republic (Syria).
The exam itself is very similar to most other IT exams offered these days. The exam is taken in an isolated room, using a specially configured computer. The exam is closed-book, so you won't be able to consult any reference material or use the Internet while taking it.?
The PHP exam is composed of a total of 75 questions, and the Zend Framework Exam is composed of 70 questions, which must be answered in 90 minutes.? Each question can be formulated in one of three ways:
- As a multiple-choice question with only one right answer.?
- As a multiple-choice question with multiple correct answers.?
- As a free-form question for which the answer must be typed in.
The exam was designed to evaluate knowledge of PHP from a practical perspective. While there are a few theoretical items, the vast majority of the questions are based on the ability to evaluate and analyze a snippet of code. For a complete list of topics, see:?PHP Certification.
Put simply, you need to know those technologies that a PHP developer uses in his/her day-to-day job, including databases and regular expressions. As far as the latter are concerned, the focus is on Perl regular expressions, while for databases the focus is on standard SQL, rather than any particular implementation. If you've learned databases exclusively by using MySQL, it is strongly urged you look into standard SQL, because MySQL diverges from it in some significant ways.?
Why standard SQL? A PHP developer should know about proper database design so that he/she can work with more than one DBMS, and so that the developer who uses, say, Oracle or PostgreSQL is not at a disadvantage -- after all, this is a PHP exam, not a LAMP one.
Yes, the exam vouchers can be used for either exam.
The certification voucher is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
Sorry, but we do not offer refunds for exam voucher purchases. However, the voucher can be transferred to another person and used prior to the expiration date.
The official Zend Certification Study Guides are available for purchase;?PHP Study Guide,?Zend Framework Study Guide.
If you prefer to learn from a professional instructor in an online setting, consider taking one of Zend's Test Prep courses:?PHP?or?Zend Framework. Each training class includes sample exam questions and a voucher for the certification exam - a $195 value.
At the end of the exam you will receive a pass/fail grade. Should you fail, Zend offers re-take discounts, please email us.
On the day of the exam don't forget to take 2 forms of identification with you to the testing center--testing staff must verify your identity.
Once you have passed the exam, it takes 24-48 hours for your name and credentials to be published in the Zend Certified Engineer Directory. To edit your ZCE details login to your Zend Account, select Personal Information and select the ZCE tab. You will be able to upload your picture, choose to display your company name, and much more.
We will email your diploma once you have passed the exam. Please allow 6 weeks for delivery.
In general, yes. You can also include the logo provided?here. The only except is for those who have passed the Zend PHP Certification exam and live in Ontario, Canada. For legal reasons, you cannot use the designation "Zend Certified Engineer" on your resume/CV or business card. You can, however, use the acronym "ZCE" to stand for "Zend Certification Endorsed".
The Zend Framework 2 Certification is based on version 2.2. Test takers should study this version of Zend Framework when preparing for the exam.
Before taking an exam, a candidate must read it and agree to the terms of our non-disclosure agreement. The non-disclosure agreement is presented to the candidate before the exam starts. If you do not agree to the non-disclosure agreement, you can end the exam, but you will forfeit the exam fee. The NDA prohibits you from discussing or describing the exam or its questions with anyone.